The Magicians Maxim.
To Dare, To Will, To Know, To Keep Silent.
Magic, as opposed to magic the art of illusion and sleight of hand, is the Art Of Causation. Magic is a natural human ability, we are all born with this innate ability to make Magick, all it takes is the desire to learn, and practice. Magic is creating change by connecting with the energies of nature.
These energies of nature exist in all things, all solid matter is made of atoms, sub-atom particles, below this level is pure energy. At the this level of pure energy, there is no solid matter, here everything is connected by threads of energy.
Magic is the control and manipulation of these threads of energy, this energy exists at all levels and planes, so by creating changes to these energy threads causes effects to occur within the physical plane. Magic allows you to alter this energy reality to bring about changes in the material reality, conversely altering your material worlds causes changes to the energy reality.
“Magic is the science of the control of the secret forces of nature.” – S.L. MacGregor Mathers, Order of the Golden Dawn.
“Magic is a comprehensive knowledge of all nature.” – Francis Barrett.
“Magick is the Art and Science of causing changes to occur in conformity with will.” – Aleister Crowley
To perform effective magic, you will need to perfect your visualization skills and train your mind to think in a different way. Magic is based on the principle of “As Above, So Below”, this may be taken to mean that which exists on the spiritual level also exists on the physical level. Magic is about responsibility, to ensure that your magic comes from a desire to create harmony. Magic is about learning to control forces within yourself.
There are three basic ingredients in Magic. Desire, Form and Manifestation, you must want something with a real desire/need in order to end up with it on this level. Need is expressed as an idea in your imagination, define your imaginings with clarity and precision, only then can your desire manifest on the physical level.
The Ten Laws of Magic
1. What one gives Magickal Energy, is also received.
2. Magical Energy follows thought and emotion.
3. Thought and emotion creates existence.
4. Magical Energy is the Cause and Effect.
5. All things contradictory are in fact, complimentary.
6. Magical Energy is directed by the Will.
7. Magical Energy flows through the shortest path.
8. All levels of Creation are affected by thought and emotion.
9. Thought and emotion are the voices of Spirits.
10. Magic works in silence.
If Magic is an art form, then the basics of the magicians art can be learnt, real mastery comes from practice or natural talent. But like any other art form, some people will be more adept at Magic than others. Magic is Desire, Form and Manifestation.
If all things are connected then we are all part of the entire spectrum of creation, this Earth we live upon, the Universe, in which the earth and the planets inhabit, and all that it contains. It in turn is a part of us all, then Magic comes not only from within but also from without. Magic, therefore becomes a four fold act, Desire can be trained, Form can be harnessed, Harmony, with self and the Universe can be achieved, Manifestation becomes a reality. Magic, is then mastery of self, and the achievement of harmony.
- Magic in the Tea! (amarathewitch.wordpress.com)
- Worldbuilding 101: Magic (lemedlock.com)
- Grant Morrison – Disinfo – Magick (aurore156.wordpress.com)
- Traditional Witchcraft and the Occult: Television and the Layering of Black Magic Spells to Cause Confusion and Trauma (traditionalwitchcraftandoccultism.wordpress.com)
- A kind of magic (spnphoto.wordpress.com)
- The Magical Season of Love! (healingyourheartfromwithin.wordpress.com)
- Real life magick (hedgemagick.wordpress.com)